Samstag, 25. August 2012

730 hours...

or 2 629 743 seconds!!! That is the exact time that I have spent in NYC already and I can't believe it -  the time passed by suuuper quickly and I'm thinking "What one month is already over??? Only 6 more left :("

I know that blogging was not priority number 1 in the past 730 hours, but I guess I needed the time to see for myself, if I really like and enjoy living in this city - and with confidence I can say now that this city is amazing, and that I am very grateful to be here!

I have experienced so many fantastic things... NYC offers A LOT in terms of leisure time! A short wrap up of the past month: 
Rooftops - the view over the city is incredible 
Bar hoppings - 1. the beauty bar, where you can get a manicure for 10$ inside the bar, plus 1 free drink included (when you consider that you have to expect at least 5$ for a beer, its a good bargain i would say ;)) 2. a bar, where you get for every beer you order a free pizza :D
And there are maaaaany more, but these were (for now) my highlights^^
Department stores (Macy's, Bloomingdales, Century 21,...) I guess I can save the lines about shopping, casu we all know it is awesome to shop in NYC ;)
Culinary adventure - NYC offers an incredibly enormous amount of culinary delights! Especially in Hell's Kitchen the density of foreign restaurants is a pleasure for every thai, mexican, japanese, french, local food lover :)
Summer Stage in Central Park - in Summer the TV channel ABC is present every friday morning (7am) with their show Good Morning America and the specialty about these events are that VIP'S from the music scene are performing for free!!! So far I have seen Neyo and One Republic performing - next week the Backstreet Boys are on :D 

The fabulous trip to Lake George... but I will do an extra blog post with pics for that ;)

The concious life-style - Since I arrived 730 hours ago, I continued and even intensified my sportive routine and activities! Be it running in Central Park, going to the gym for Spinning (with which I totally fell in love with here^^) or another aerobics class either in the gym or somewhere outside! Also I really enjoy to eat healthy here - the rage of healthy restaurants is incredible (especially for lunch)
Most people would think, omg its NY you have to eat burgers and fries every day - b***sh**!!! Of course, I also indulge myself with a cupcake, ice cream or burger from time to time but I try to control thos temptations - Sporty regards ;)

Oh, I could go on for another hour or 5 about what I have been doing in the past 730 hours ;) but most importantly, I am super happy in this city and I embrace every moment I spend here!!!

Yesterday someone asked me if I already consider myself being a New Yorker; and I asked him what is needed to qualify - and here is the answer: "1st: You avoid Times Square, caus ou cannot stand the crowds of tourists! 2nd: New York is a very fast moving city, so are its inhabitants - so slow moving people, like tourists on the street are the worst! and 3rd: If you enjoy doing sports, you join the running crowd in Central Park!"
I had to check for each of these requirements ;)

Again, I can't believe that 1 month of 7 is already over! You can't imagine how much I look forward to the next 6 :)
I'll be back soon - promise ;)

XOXO

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen