Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2012

The final countdown...

"We're leaving together
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To earth, who can tell
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground (leaving ground)
Will things ever be the same again
It's the final countdown..." - Europe - The Final Countdown

In 10 hours I'm off the ground from Vienna International Airport heading towards New York, where I will spend the upcoming 7 months of my life!
Having my mother and sister as company makes the first visit to the city that never sleeps more comfortable. Nevertheless I have to leave a lot of loved ones in Europe, some of them already pronounced interest in coming for a visit :)))
Now that I finally finished packing - the most important materialistic things are packed in 2 suitcases (who would have believed that, but well I had some great learnings from going to London for 6 months 2 years ago^^)

Mixed feelings accompany to bed now: excitement, curiousity, anticipation about the experiences ahead of me; gratitude for living this life; respect against the size and contrast of the city; sorrow for being seperated from family and friends for such a long time; uncertainity about what will await there & pride to take the chance to develop further in a professional and personal way!

Cu in NYC :) the next post you (hopefully enjoy) reading will be brought to you from NYC!!!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen