Montag, 21. Januar 2013

Impressions from my trip to D.C.

This weekend I visited the United Stated capital city - Washington D.C.

Beautiful and calm (probably I'm saying this because I have lived in busy Manhattan for the past 6 months) city with amazing buildings and friendly people.

This weekend was also a special one: Today, on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, the 44th president of the United States was inaugurated and I witnessed the preparations for this big national event.

Enjoy the captions of some moments of this weekend :-)

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

The Smithsonian

George Washington Memorial



CNN reporting on inauguration day!

View on the GW Memorial from Lincoln Memorial!

Lincoln memorial


Happy ME :)

Huge and clean subway stations - getting spoiled here & not missing NYC that much to be honest ;)

When you wish upon a star *love*


Can't touch this ;)


Thomas Jefferson memorial



apparently girls like to take pics like that... this time I followed the trend ;D


Franklin D. Roosevelt memorial *beautiful* *mindful*

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today!
Let us move forward with strong and active faith!



Martin Luther King Jr. memorial


freakin' cute squirrels
 
Ice-skating in Georgetown!

I hope you enjoyed some pics instead of writing for a change ;-)
Sending you lots of love from NYC (again) and watch out for miracles!
Xoxo

2 Kommentare:

  1. I think it was the Franklin D. Roosevelt memorial ;) ... anyway, thanks for taking me with you on this great trip to DC!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Indeed, you're right! Thanks for joining ;) was a great trip!

    AntwortenLöschen